Ruth Wade Memorial

This will be my first completed memorial and it has been a great honour to be given the opportunity to design a plaque to mark the life of Ruth Wade. I am friends with both of her grandchildren so it has been extra special to me. 

I spoke with the client to get a feel of the sort of thing that she had in mind. I had a fair amount of free reign as to what the design could be. The client knew that she wanted a tablet to be clear and simple. I set about doing a number of designs which all lettering consisted of Roman letterforms. I landed on a suitable  design which has now gone to the Reverend at Sherborne Abbey, Dorset so I don't have a picture to post up on here. 

Robyn keeps telling me 'composition is king'! and ' Ensure your thick and thins are consistent'! I have written these on the front of my sketchpad as an attempt to keep it ringing in my ears. 

I had such good fun on this project that I forgot to take any pictures but luckily Robyn took a short video of me painting my letters, thankyou! I will find my old telephone to see if I haven't taken any photos on there. 

I was overall pleased with how the piece turned out and the customer was very happy which is the main thing. There were things which niggled me at the time but it was quite a while ago now and my memory is shot. Hopefully seeing a picture will spark remembrance! 

Here is the video



The stone for th

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hill Farm House Sign

Alford Lodge House Sign

G.E.T.H.2020 Celebratory Tablet